This DIY was originally created for a quick and easy idea for a Father’s Day gift, but I don’t know anyone that wouldn’t love a set of coaster created just for them. We have hundreds of fabrics that would be perfect for this project.
Why not try this one for your Mum’s birthday – http://www.sewcraftyonline.co.uk/product/dashwood-suffolk-garden-dandelion-carpet-fat-quarter/
Or maybe theme it to fit in with someone’s kitchen colour theme? This fits mine perfectly – http://www.sewcraftyonline.co.uk/product/dashwood-flurry-spice-fat-quarter/
You can literally do anything you like! I love these!
You will need:
- A pack of cork coasters (Amazon have these exact ones for super cheap)
- Mod Podge
- A paint brush
- Any fabric scrap
- Lamifix (We sell it in the shop or Amazon again have a wide range)
- An iron
- Start by placing your Lamifix matt side down onto your fabric and as per the instructions on the pack, iron it in place. Now you have wipe proof fabric!
- Paste your cork coaster with Mod Podge, make it a nice even layer.
- Wait for around 30 seconds until the glue is tacky rather than wet and place it face down onto the back of the fabric. Press down on the coaster and leave it to dry for about 20 mins. You can pop a book on top to keep it pressed down firmly.
- Once the glue has dried take a super sharp pair of scissors and cut around the cork. Repeat these steps until you have a full set of awesome coasters!
Let us know if you make these! Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d love to see what fabric you’ve chosen!